Microsoft 365 Training & Help
Through a partnership with Microsoft, we are offering students a state-of-the-art e-mail and communication suite. Everything you do online - e-mail, shared calendars and chatting - now works together better than ever with 24/7 reliability. Why use Office365? Office 365 offers significant advantages over other e-mail services, such as:
- Web versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Desktop versions of Microsoft Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs per user.
- Office apps on up to 5 tablets and 5 phones per user.
- Email with 50GB of mailbox space.
- File storage and sharing with unlimited OneDrive storage.
- You can send Email with attachments up to 34MB in size.
- Connect to your classmates more efficiently! Use the Web-based collaborative tools like shared calendar, post files on OneDrive.
- Control spam and viruses through filtering.
What email address do I use for Office 365?
To log into your email or any Office 365 recourse, you will need to use your ULID@louisiana.edu. Even if you use an alias email address for all of your correspondence, you need to log into any Office 365 product using your ULID with "@louisiana.edu" at the end.
Access Office 365 Email Online:
1. Go to https://webmail.louisiana.edu
NOTE: You need to always log in with your ULID@louisiana.edu. If you use an alias email for your correspondence, you still need to log into Office 365 with your ULID@louisiana.edu
If you experience any problems while attempting to access your email account, please contact the IT Service Desk at #2HELP (337-482-4357).
Supported Desktop/Laptop Email Clients:
UL Lafayette Exchange Online (UL Lafayette Office 365) can support a wide variety of email clients, allowing you to use the interface you are most comfortable with.
However, Microsoft provides both the most reliable experience with Outlook Web App (OWA) and the richest experience with the Outlook desktop email client (available via the UL Lafayette Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus license). Other email clients such as Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc. offer a limited feature set by comparison and are unsupported.
The IT Service Desk supports Outlook Web App (OWA) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Outlook for Windows and Mac, configured with one UL Lafayette Exchange Online account per profile, and with the account configured as an Exchange account (not IMAP or POP).
Email Setup Instructions (Supported Email Clients):
- Outlook Web Mail
- Outlook Office 365 ProPlus for Mac
- Outlook Office 365 ProPlus for Windows
- Outlook App for iPhone
- Outlook App for Android
Email Setup Instructions (Currently not Supported but should work):
- iCloud Sync with Outlook
Office 365 Training Material (Office 365 Training Center):
Outlook for the Web:
- How to Sign into Outlook for the Web
- Create, Reply and Forward Email in Outlook on the Web
- Create and Add an Email Signature in Outlook on the Web
- Send (Out of Office) Replies
- Attach Files
- Creating and Managing Folders
- Add a Shared Mailbox
- Turn Off Focused Inbox
- Change How Email is Displayed
- Calendar Settings in Outlook for the Web
- Share your Calendar
- Open/Manage Someone Else's Calendar
- Using People (Contacts) in Outlook for the Web
- Create, View & Edit Contact
Outlook App for iOS & Android:
- Setup up email in Outlook for iOS App
- Setup up email in Outlook for Android App
- Outlook for iOS CheatSheet
- Outlook for Android CheatSheet
Outlook for Windows:
Outlook for Mac: