You are here

Ethernet Connection

Networking Services maintains a wired network to provide connection to the internet from campus.

Wired connections require a device equipped with a network interface card (NIC) configured for DHCP, or documented static configuration and a CAT 5e or CAT 6 RJ-45 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) patch cable, and registration on the network.

Only authorized devices are allowed on the network.  Wired Ethernet connections are governed by policy.  See IT Security Policies for current guidelines relating to authorized devices and acceptable use policies.

Dorm Residents

You are now required to register your devices for the wired (Ethernet) network. The process is the same as registering your device to the wireless network.

If you have a device that does not have a web browser, such as a streaming stick or gaming console, you will need to manually register the device.

(Manual registration link available only while
connected to the campus network)

Need help finding your MAC address?

The following services are offered for wired Ethernet connections on campus for nonresidential buildings:

  • New activation – if you already have a network jack and need to have it activated.
  • New drop – if you do not have a network jack in the location where you need service.
  • Repair – if you have an activated jack that is not operating correctly.

Click here to request any of these services

If you have any questions or need additional information please contact the IT Service Desk.