Types of Door Access
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has electronic and mechanical doors.
Permissions are provisioned via your Cajun Card. Request access here.
Mechanical access is issued via physical keys issued by Facilities Management.
Door Access Permissions
- UL employees, including but not limited to full-time, part-time, student assistants, interns and research assistants, hired through applicable Human Resources processes, UL students actively enrolled in classes, and UL affiliates, who complete the Registered Visitor process, are eligible for electronic or mechanical door access to be used on campus.
- Door access is conditional and only granted after the appropriate approvals are received for the permissions requested.
By receiving door access, each person and their supervisor, sponsor, or delegate approver affirms that this admittance is required to conduct business as necessitated by their position/role with the University. By accepting door access rights, each person agrees to:
- Safeguard their Cajun Card to maintain the security of the campus building or area that the door opens.
- Protect theirCajun Card from theft or loss.
- Not loan or allow any other individual to use their Cajun Card for entry.
- Assure that doors are locked after entering or leaving.
- Assume responsibility for the conduct of any person they allow to enter a locked facility.
- Immediately notify the Cajun Card Office if their Cajun Card is lost or stolen.
Approvals by Location Types
Every UL facility has been assigned a security level and the necessary approvals required to obtain access to these locations.
- Universal locations consist of general classrooms, labs, meeting spaces, etc.
- Access to these spaces is granted to all faculty and full-time staff employed by the University, and no additional approvals are necessary. All other affiliates can receive access with approval by their supervisor, sponsor or delegate approver.
- By default, all campus facilities are classified as a Standard Location.
- Approval by a person’s supervisor, sponsor or delegate approver is required for access to Standard Locations.
Elevated Risk Locations
- Elevated Risk locations are secured with an electronic lock that can be audited and contain one or more of the following: hazardous materials or equipment, financial assets, sensitive data, significant physical assets, or University infrastructure.
- Approval by a person’s supervisor, sponsor or delegate approver and from a designated authority for the Elevated Risk location as identified by Door Access are both required for access.
Door access is granted by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and is subject to review and regular auditing. UL Lafayette reserves the right to deny or revoke access privileges.