You are here

Video & Web Conferencing

Service Description

All video conferencing resources are scheduled through the IMN Media Services office, including classes for credit and non-credit, meetings, and other university-related activities. Three classroom facilities are available for University personnel; a fourth facility is available for public rental.

You are here

Cellular/Mobile/Wireless Telephone Service

How to Order

Requests are initiated by calling 337-482-HELP [24357] OR by completing the on-line request form.  All requests must include full justification and appropriate department approval is required before the request is processed for consideration.   The request for wireless telephone service MUST indicate that the use of alternative means of communicating have been considered and are less economical, impractical, or unavailable.  

You are here

Cell Phone Coverage on Campus

Students, staff and visitors experience variations in cell phone service on Campus.  Each cell phone provider makes decisions about the service level they provide in each city and rural area across the country.  You (not the University), as a cell phone customer, have a voice in getting your cell phone provider to provide the service you need. Learn about WiFi calling, as it will improve your call quality on campus.

You are here

You are here

Mobile Phone and Data Service


Wireless telephone service is available for state use under certain circumstances. It is important to understand the subscriber's requirements and know that monthly air service plans and coverage areas differ among wireless vendors.

There are criteria for user eligibility and an established approval process that MUST be followed before wireless telephone services are purchased or rented. The University is responsible for assuring that eligibility, approvals, usage, and billing are appropriate and correct.

You are here

You are here

Harassing Phone Calls

Please report all harassing, obscene, or threatening phone calls that you receive to the University Police at extension 26448.

If you are calling from an off-campus phone, the number is 337-482-6448.

Be sure to include the following information about the harassing call when calling the University Police:

  • Phone extension receiving the call
  • Approximate time of call
  • Number placing the call, if available on caller ID
  • Details about the caller, as accurately as can be remembered (gender of voice, tone, accent, etc.)

You are here

Receiving Calls in Error

If all of the calls you receive in error are the result of the caller dialing another extension, a cover path or call forwarding may be turned on. These features provided with the University phone system allows for users to route incoming calls to other phones within the environment of the office or directly to voice mail. If you wish to have this programming changed, please communicate with the user of this extension.

You are here

LOS (Local Only Service)

LOS is a service provided by the University, to allow callers to call people in areas located out of the city limits of Lafayette. Callers can contact people on the order of up to 22 miles from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. These calls will be treated as a local/direct call and no extra charge will be assessed.

The following communities are covered by the LOS: (This is not necessarily a complete list)

You are here


Subscribe to RSS - Staff Member