Accessing WebAid from a Remote Location
University Computing Support Services has developed a service which will allow users to access Webaid using their web browser. This solution should work whether or not the user is on campus and does not depend on any other software being installed on the user's computer.
To use the service the user will visit a link in their web browser. This will establish a remote desktop connection to a server on campus.
- Open your web browser and go to https://timesheet.louisiana.edu
- A Sign In form will appear. You should login with your ULID and password.
- After successfully signing in, click on the Full Desktop icon.
- On the "Access local resources" form click Allow. (You may also want to check the "Don't ask me again..." checkbox.
At this point you will be connected to the remote server. The login process should look familiar.
- Click OK to accept the university terms of service.
Now you should see a standard Windows desktop.
- Double click the Webaid (Internet Explorer) icon on the desktop to open the browser.
The browser will open a connection to the ULink portal.
- Enter your ULID and password on the Secure Login form.
- Scroll down to the Webaid section and click "Complete your timesheet ..."
- If you get a pop up asking "Do you want to run this application?" click on the Run button.
You will then see the Webaid interface and can perform whatever tasks necessary.
- Once you are done, Exit Webaid as normal.
- Once back on the ULink page click "Sign Out" to sign out of ULink.
- Once you see the Logout Successful message you should click the User icon at the top right and select Sign Out.
- You may now close your browser tab or browser window.